Moldmaking & Casting Guides
4 Book Set 8 1/2 x 11 Stapled 236 pages total
Learn how to use all types of Molding and Casting Materials
The Castcraft Guides cover every type of mold making and casting material you can use without needing industrial type equipment or machines. The Guides have chapters on how to use Latex Rubber, Silicone Rubber, Polyurethane Rubber, Plaster, Flexible Molding Wax, Gelatin Molding Compound, Polyester Resin, Epoxy Resin, Polyurethane Resin, Latex Foam Rubber, Hot Melt Vinyl, Wax, Ceramic Clay, Cement, and Low Melting Temperature Metals.
Learn how to make molds and how to make 3 dimensional products from those molds. With a mold and the right casting material, you can make products such as plaster decorations, concrete stepping stones and figures, birdbaths and fountains. You can resin cast figurines from cultured marble, bonded bronze, and pecan shells. You can also cast rubber pads, bumpers and rollers, masks, candles, doll parts, puppets, fishing lures, and much more....
The Moldmaking Guide
- The moldmaking guide has chapters on how to use molding plaster, latex rubber, polyester and urethane resin, epoxy resin, silicone rubber, polyurethane rubber, gelatin molding compound and flexible molding wax. Learn about material compatibility and how to choose the best material for your application.
- Learn about the different types of molds including, "skin" or "glove" molds, blanket molds, block molds, split molds, shell molds, backup molds, and life masks. Great info on advanced techniques and how to eliminate air bubble with vacuum or pressure.
The Source GuideFind Sources of Supply for hard-to-find and unusual materials
- The Guides include sources for all materials mentioned above, plus related equipment, supplies, and ready-made molds. Sources are given for over 216 moldmaking and casting related materials and supplies.
- Over 290 companies are listed, with address, phone, and fax numbers. Unlike many how-to books, the sources are companies you can actually do business with, not just listings of large manufacturers. Plus, you get access to the Castcraft customer web page, with Internet links to over 220 source companies.
- Sources are updated with each printing, so you get the most accurate information available.
The Bonus GuideMake Products for Income, to enhance your hobbies, reproduce your artwork, or use as gifts
- The materials and techniques you will learn to use are how many types of products are made. For example - ornamental concrete statuary, stepping stones, plaster plaques and figurines, "pecan shell" or "cultured marble" figurines.
- You can make parts and decorations for hobbies such as model railroading, model building, gardening, and landscaping.
- You can reproduce most any kind of 3-dimensional artwork such as wood carvings and sculpture, in natural-looking materials or entirely different materials.